Time for Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching!
1. This past weekend I was at the Columbus Crew Soccer game. They had Teacher Appreciation Night and I was able to snag a couple of tickets for a good deal, while also managing to get to go down on the pitch! It was a perfect night for a game. Unfortunately, there were some pretty bad calls and the Crew tied, but we still had a good time!
2. So, I tend to get a little obsessive with books I am reading or Netflix binging. Recently, I have been watching Reign on Netflix. I am slightly addicted and it is causing me to stay up late to watch episodes! Similarly, I've read a few books by Philippa Greggory. Like Reign, they are just as engaging and wrap you up in a different time! I used to think I hated reading/watching about this time period, but I have really enjoyed both of these. Thankfully, the book can be read by the pool, so as to not be keeping me awake as much as the Netflix binging!
3. Through my summer book club #CyberPD, I have learned so much. I have enjoyed reading DIY Literacy and thinking about ways to adapt these teaching tools in my classroom. To check out my last post on this book, click HERE. Through this, I learned about a Facebook group for The Reading Strategies book! YAY! This was a highlight of my week!
4. I have been trying to get things prepped for the school year. Usually, I just do the normal items on my list. However, this year, I thought beyond my normal list. I made a list of things that take a LOT of time during the year, but are essential to a productive school year. Our team already created our year-long scope and sequence. This week, I worked on monthly calendars. Typically, I do these as we plan out and revise each unit. However, this year, I took the information on last year's calendars and mapped them out. These are a great way for all of our team members to stay somewhat on track. We switch for reading and math. This helps us to teach similar content from our units around the same time as one another. I finished our calendars from August- December! Now we will print them out and scribble all over them!
5. Last, I am hoping I am not the only one that does this. I always read TpT comments/reviews as they pop up on my phone, however, I do not always write back to the buyers. I've been working on going back and responding to reviews. I LOVE reading all the kind words. It definitely motivates you to keep working!
Happy Friday! So sad that another summer week has gone by. Only three weeks left. :(