Tuesday, October 8, 2013

We SURVIVED and a Pinterest Pinning Party!


     You know that day, the day on which you KNOW you are actually teaching the grade you teach?  When I taught first grade, the first day, no make that month, I had that realization that those kiddos I had trained all year were gone and I had a new crop of kiddos that seemed SO young!  
     Well this year, my first year in third grade, the first day of school was the easiest first day I had ever had!  The kids were so much more independent and mature. They knew basic "school" vocabulary.  It made the beginning of the year a lot easier.  BUT...TODAY was my day in third grade where I KNEW I was a third grade teacher.  
     My kiddos took part in Ohio's standardized testing called the Fall OAA.  It was the first official standardized test I had to administer and I could just sense their nervousness. I tried pumping them up yesterday and reminding them that this was more to tell us what to continue to work on this year, than a summative assessment, but it was still stressful for them!  I will keep hoping for the best! 
Anyway...WE SURVIVED the day!

     Also, I joined in the fun with the Pinterest Pinning Party over at 123 Teach With Me! It is a linky where you can share some of the products you are creating and selling on TpT. I have not created anything since this summer because I have been too busy, but I did post a few items that I created for the beginning of the year.  Check out the linky because you can find some amazing products!

-Michelle


1 comment:

  1. I want to start by saying that your blog looks great! My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you earn royalties of 70%. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com
    I also created the Resources4teaching forums where educators can discuss education. Feel free to join us and start sharing your best practices and strategies.
    If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin