Tuesday, October 8, 2013

We SURVIVED and a Pinterest Pinning Party!


     You know that day, the day on which you KNOW you are actually teaching the grade you teach?  When I taught first grade, the first day, no make that month, I had that realization that those kiddos I had trained all year were gone and I had a new crop of kiddos that seemed SO young!  
     Well this year, my first year in third grade, the first day of school was the easiest first day I had ever had!  The kids were so much more independent and mature. They knew basic "school" vocabulary.  It made the beginning of the year a lot easier.  BUT...TODAY was my day in third grade where I KNEW I was a third grade teacher.  
     My kiddos took part in Ohio's standardized testing called the Fall OAA.  It was the first official standardized test I had to administer and I could just sense their nervousness. I tried pumping them up yesterday and reminding them that this was more to tell us what to continue to work on this year, than a summative assessment, but it was still stressful for them!  I will keep hoping for the best! 
Anyway...WE SURVIVED the day!

     Also, I joined in the fun with the Pinterest Pinning Party over at 123 Teach With Me! It is a linky where you can share some of the products you are creating and selling on TpT. I have not created anything since this summer because I have been too busy, but I did post a few items that I created for the beginning of the year.  Check out the linky because you can find some amazing products!

-Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin