Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas Read Aloud Linky Party

     So...I know I just blogged about a Thanksgiving Read Aloud Linky Party, but The Third Grade Bookworm is having a Christmas Read Aloud Linky Party.  It is hard to believe that we are inching our way closer to the holiday season.  This is just another reminder that the year is flying by!
     Anyway, so I decided to link up with this blog.  I have too many books to really choose my absolute favorite, but I tried to choose one that would be appealing to most elementary grades, not just my little ones.  One of my favorite holiday books is Merry Christmas Amelia Bedilia by Peggy Perrish.  I love any Amelia Bedelia books!  I love her stories because of the idioms that the author uses.  Many of my average and advanced first graders are able to understand the idioms and decipher what they really mean! 
     Last year my advanced readers read one of the Amelia Bedelia books and then went on a scavenger hunt around the building. Certain teachers gave them idioms.  Then the students had to return to the room and decipher what they really mean.  They had a blast!
I hope your kiddos have fun listening or reading Amelia Bedelia!

3 comments:

  1. You've been busy Miss King! Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids this year love Amelia Bedelia! I'll have to find a copy of the Christmas book.

    Thanks for linking up!

    Abby :) Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin