Wow! What a crazy week! I don't know about you, but I am exhausted! Between trying to finish up assessments, district paper work, etc. and the crazy activities for the end of the year, I am one tired teacher!
1. Have you heard about GoNoodle? It is an amazing website that has quick and fun brain breaks as well as videos that teach students about dealing with stress and teach calming techniques. There are "yoga" style videos along with breathing strategies that are similar to meditation. I heard about this from a fellow blogger over at The Schroeder Page. This was the best find all year! I can't tell you how exciting it is to see the difference it is making with classroom behaviors as well as calming students before our state testing last week!
2. Today I got this flower bouquet from a student! It is a bouquet of cupcakes! They are cute and delicious!
3. Today was our Field Day! It was a BLAST! I have a small confession...Field Day is MUCH easier with third graders than first graders. Shhh...don't tell those first grade teachers! SOOOOO much easier. I really enjoyed the morning with my kiddos!
4. Read-a-Thons are AMAZING! My kids sprawled out and read for over 2 and 1/2 hours! They did an amazing job reading, snacking, writing, etc. My fifth grade teacher had these and I loved them. The kids really enjoyed relaxing after a morning running around outside. (So did I!)
5. I spent an hour after school the other day with this awesome view! It was 84 and sunny! I am loving this nice weather! This serves as my count down. Two weeks to go...9 1/2 days! WOW!