1. This past week, we went to the Columbus Blue Jackets home opener! It was SO much fun! We had a blast at the game! I am looking forward to hopefully another winning season!
2. I finally sent out my SLANT BOX last week! I made a clipboard and sent lots of back to school teacher must haves. (sticky notes, dry erase markers, thank you notes, note pads, candy, and more candy) I am looking forward to receiving mine in the mail any day! :)
3. We won a popcorn party from our school's most recent fundraiser. My students brought in the most money in the third grade. They thought it was a HUGE deal. So, I let my students partner read their animal books, that we are using for our research projects.
4. Here are my kiddos working on their life cycle projects that they did last week. They did an AMAZING job using the rubric to guide their work.
5. Last, but definitely not least, today was probably the highlight of my students' year so far! One of my teammates has a friend who works for Petland. He brought in a bunch of critters to show the kids. He talked about their adaptations and traits. He came last year, too and the kids just LOVED it both times!
BEST OF ALL...Today we have the day off! Woo Hoo! Yesterday was the end of the quarter and today we are off school! I am ready for a long weekend!