I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday! This Five for Friday is especially special because it is my first week of summer! Last Friday was our last day with kiddos and Tuesday we had a workday. Then HELLO SUMMER!! So here is what I have been up to!
1. Enjoying the sunshine! We went camping for Memorial Day weekend. I have been spending a little time each day running, walking, or laying at the pool! I just love the beautiful weather we have been having!
2. All Packed up! Tuesday, I managed to scan the rest of my books into a book organizing app, finish report cards online, and get the rest of my room stored away. (Sorry, I know it is not a great photo.)
3. Organizing! So this summer is the first summer I am not formally working. I am using this time to get things done and organized! I have a binder I created a couple of years ago for first grade, similar to this. It has each Common Core Reading standard. Then behind that standard, I put examples of activities I have done. This helps a TON when planning a new unit. I can just pull activities and go! I found this binder cover set a year or so ago and it was easy to edit and create this tool! I just finished my new third grade binder, last night!
4. To DO Lists! I don't know about you, but I write everything down or I have to if I want to remember it at least! So, usually in the summers I create a summer notebook. I have different to do lists. This year, I have three to do lists: one- just a normal list of things to do, two- TpT products, Three-things to create for next year. As I finish something I just mark it off. Each day I try to do one thing on my TpT or things for next year list. This helps me keep working, while still enjoying my summer!
5. TpT! I have ideas ALL year for TpT products and it just seemed that this year I didn't have the time to get them created. If you are like me, I create things that I can use in my classroom and that I think others would want to use as well. So, I created this product for my kiddos this spring when we were learning about figurative language. It is brand new, so go take a look! If you still have a little time left this school year, it would be a FUN way to review!
If you are still in school, enjoy your last days/weeks!