Friday, January 9, 2015

Five for Friday...First Week Back from Winter Break!

      I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday!  The best part of this week for me was that I only had to work 2 1/2 days!  Not that I don't love my kiddos, but easing back into work after a two week vacation, was exactly what I needed. :)

1. This past weekend we went skiing!  The ski slopes are really just hills, but it is still fun and we went when there was snow, but before the frigid air came! It was perfect timing!


2. Speaking of snow, we had a SNOW DAY on Tuesday!  It was great! I was able to get some school work finished, work on a TpT product, finally go see The Hunger Games- Mockingjay, and go for a walk in my new snow boots! :)


3. Cold, cold, cold! This is what my weather app said on Thursday, hence another day off school.  Yep, as of Thursday I had only worked Monday and Wednesday!  



4. I am currently participating in a book study in which we are reading and implementing Notice and Note.  I love this book.  It really has helped me to teach my students to read more closely and to pay attention to key details within the text.  If you have not read this book, I would suggest doing so! 

I finished a new product that can support Notice and Note, over winter break.  This week, I have been busy teaching about the sign posts that I had not yet taught.  This week in my reading groups, I was focusing on Words of the Wiser.  This is when usually an older and wiser character, pulls the main character aside to give him/her advice.  The kids are realizing that the advice given is essential to understanding the life lesson and therefore the theme of the text. 

The product below has black and white copies as well as color copies.  My school has a poster maker, so I printed the black and white copies. Then I colored them to make them pop out a bit more.  You can see my posters below. You can check this product out, by clicking on the picture below:




5. On my snow day I finished up my most recent Cam Jansen Novel Study!  I love Cam Jansen mysteries and so do my kiddos!  Click on the picture below to check it out!


Happy Friday!  I hope you enjoy your weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Your new products look amazing. I haven't read Notice and Note, but I've been intending to. I'm definitely going to head over to your store to take a closer look at what you've created. Stay warm! Have a great weekend.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow days are wonderful! Nothing like staying in my pjs and drinking hot chocolate with two little girls!
    Em
    Curios firsties

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to know where I can purchase the notice and note file, please!

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin