Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day and a QR Code Freebie!


      Happy Mother's Day!  I hope all of the moms out there have had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I can't be more thankful for my fabulous Madre!  Here is a picture of me and my Mom this past winter! 
    For the last 5 years I have taught a camping unit during the last week of school.  It has gotten better and better every year!  For the past few years I have read the book Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping. We answer comprehension questions and even do a scavenger hunt through the building for idioms.  In the past, the students went to a room and a teacher told them the idiom.  One of the amazing teachers at my school suggested using QR codes this year, instead of the teachers giving them the idiom.  
     So, after a little help from our Tech Facilitator, I have used an app called Croak it to record myself saying different idioms.  I have created some cute camping posters with the QR codes that are linked to the idioms.  This year the students will complete the idiom scavenger hunt in groups like usual, but they will use iPads to listen to each idiom as they scan the QR codes.  I can't wait!  I know they will LOVE it!  
     Click on the pictures below to get your FREE copy of the QR code posters and if you are looking for some fun activities to go along with Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping, click on the second picture and head over to grab your packet.  This book study includes comprehension questions and a sheet for students to record the idioms they find on their scavenger hunt!




Only 4 more weeks of school!  I have seen other's with their countdowns!  I am ready to join in.  Only 19 days left!  Woo Hoo!  
Happy Mother's Day!  

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin