Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm Back...Five for Friday!

     I am back to the blogging world. I had my match with allergies and I think they won for the last week!  So, I have not been around much.  I am back though and today I am here with another Five for Friday!  Here are five random things from this past week. Click on the picture to head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to link up!
fiveforfriday

1.  Plants, plants, plants.  We have spent a TON of time learning about what plants need, how plants grow, parts of a plant, etc.  Today I meant to send our plants home and I forgot!!  They must go home Monday.  Every year I plant extras in case some one's plant doesn't grow.  This year we had one that didn't grow.  The student said, "I think my seeds were duds".  We also had one that grew and then died.  I have a few extras so they will be able to take home one that grew if they want!

2.  Teacher Appreciation Week was amazing.  The kids were SO excited to bring in flowers, candy, sweet notes, and lots and lots of hugs.  I can't thank them enough for their sweet gestures this week.  It really means so much.  This week I wasn't feeling well, due to allergies, and my kids were even sweeter than normal.  I can't ask for better kiddos!


 3.  Have you heard of Croak.it?  My technology facilitator and literacy facilitator showed it to me.  It is an awesome site that works online on PCs but also can be used as an app on iPhones and iPads.  This is such an easy site to use.  The kids can even use it.  All you do is press a button and start talking.  It records the person's voice and waaaa la!  Check it out!  I am working on using it to create QR codes for Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping.  



4.  Teacher Appreciation Sale- Did you find some good deals?  I bought the CUTEST packet.  You will have to check it out.  It is called Candy Awards by Hope King.  It has End of the Year customizable certificates for all of the kids.  I have mine ready to print and go!  

5.  Every year I host a Mother's Day Tea.  My students create books about their moms and then we take video clips of the kids reading parts of their books and put it together to create a class movie.  The moms come in, receive their books, get served cookies and punch from their kiddos and then we watch the video.  Every year, without fail, I have had major technology mishaps.  This was the FIRST year that it went off without any issues.  The movie was not finished at the last minute last night (like normal).  Instead it was finished on Monday evening!  The reason is that I used iMovie.  What a difference between using iMovie and my iPad compared to Windows Movie Maker on my 6 year old PC!  

Happy Friday!

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin