HEY friends! I am linking up again with Doodle BugsTeaching for Five for Friday. This has been a crazy, crazy week! Here are just a few highlights! I'm finally posting on a Friday! WOO HOO!
1. Our school had it's first fundraiser today. Families pledge money toward their child and we have a Dance-A-Thon! I wasn't quite sure what this was, being new and all. I learned quickly! Basically, during recess, we had a DJ and a Hip Hop Instructor come and lead the kids through dances during their recess time! They had a BLAST!! Here are a few highlights!
2. Getting ahead! Finally, oh finally, I am starting to feel like I am getting ahead. By getting ahead, I do not mean by my old standards, which meant I had planned and copied things for the following month. No, more like, today I pretty much planned out parts of next week! I did not have to stay at school super late today nor will I have to work ALL day Sunday! I am a
slight perfectionist! With everything being new (new state, school, grade) it has been a big adjustment. So, I am just happy to start feeling like I have a hang of things!
3. My Enemy! I don't know about you, but at my previous school we had Smartboards in our rooms, but all of the projectors were mounted in the ceilings. My new school doesn't have them mounted and so every time the kids (or I) bump the cart, I have to reset the Smartboard! AHHH! PS...I bump into it WAY more than the kids even do. I know I shouldn't complain because I am THRILLED to have a Smartboard in my room, BUT, ready wish I could magically put it in the ceiling! Haha :)
4. At our school we have a way to encourage students to make good choices each day. We have whats called the GOES Promise. This promise is an acronym that corresponds with the acronym for the name of our school. The kids work really hard to demonstrate these qualities. Each Friday, I give awards to one student in each area. The kids REALLY look forward to receiving these awards! I put this poster up and they get their name on the board, once they have received a GOES award!
5. Anyone notice anything outside this week? Well, I will leave you with this picture from the Huffington Post. This week we had a Full Moon and I really believe that everyone is a little "off" during a full moon!
I am ready for the weekend!
Have a good one!