Well friends, I really did have intentions of taking pictures this week, but I just forgot! I am proud of myself for blogging two weeks in a row, considering how crazy busy I still am! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday. P.S. I did start writing this last night, but had some Internet problems. So, at least I am posting today, on Saturday!
1. This has been another LONG week. I can't believe we have been in school for 22 days! At our school we do DRA assessments and they took me FOR-EVVV-ER! Seriously! I just finished them on Wednesday and the whole class said "OHH YEAH!" They were pumped.
I can't wait to actually start reading groups and "working" with kids instead of only assessing!
2. While I have been completing DRA's our students have been busy building stamina and working on independent reading. We have practiced writing blurbs and giving book recommendations to our friends. They LOVE writing these. I kept the first round up for about a week and just changed them out.
3. Well, I used to workout a good amount and since I moved I haven’t done a whole lot of exercising. This week I went and joined a gym that is really close to my new place! Very exciting that I actually made it there a few times in the mornings, before school.
Yay me! Hopefully, I am getting back into my old routines.
4. LOVE Kid President. Have you seen Kid President’s latest video for Teachers and Students? It was great. If you haven’t seen it, you need to check it out. I love his videos and this one is just as good as the previous ones!It is time to be more AWESOME! Click below to watch:
5. (THIS is not from this week, but it is sort of random!) This summer I had an awesome opportunity to meet a fellow teacher, as well as author and speaker, Steve Reifman, while at the SDE Conference in Chicago. I met him only to realize while talking to him that I would be attending his session the following day. His beliefs about teaching and learning are very well aligned with mine and I was excited to learn new strategies from him! Be on the lookout for my next blog posting which will be all about his new book that is coming out..Rock It! Transform Classroom Learning with Movement, Songs, and Stories.