I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. The countdown continues! We are now officially down to 19 1/2 days left, but the learning continues! Check out a few things from my week!
1. I had a nice Easter! We went hiking at Clifton Gorge.
2. I completed a Donor's Choose project and was funded mostly by my amazing family and friends! I was able to get 6 Kindles and 1 Kindle Fire! My kids LOVE reading on these during independent reading time. What type of technology do you have in your classroom? I would LOVE to have more!!
3. This week we started learning about the 3 States of Matter. Our state has books that are aligned to the state science standards. The students read a book this week to learn about the states of matter. In the book, it described the difference between the particles in a solid object, liquid object, and gas. Here is what we did to model this, again, thank you to my team member:
4. Tutoring is over! This comes with mixed emotions. This spring I worked with a couple other teachers at my school to help tutor struggling third graders. This year our state has something called the 3GG (3rd Grade Guarantee). This has stated that third graders who do not pass our end of grade test or another form of standardized testing, will be held back in third grade. I keep reminding my kiddos and the ones from tutoring to show everyone else ALL that they are able to do! Keep your fingers crossed! :)
5. What do you do to prepare for state testing? Our 3rd graders will take a reading test and math test this coming week. We have spent a TON of time reviewing steps for answering questions about short stories. In math we reviewed each of the major math strands using some awesome task cards that I purchased from The Diary of a Not so Wimpy Teacher. They are great for quick station rotations.