Yes, yes, I know I am a little late to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and that today is Sunday, not Friday! Sorry! This past week was my first week back after spring break and it felt SO LONG! I didn't feel like blogging after school. Then, yesterday was our first BEAUTIFUL day that I could really just hang out and enjoy outside, so no blogging for me! Here I am on Sunday and here are a few pics from this past week!
1. We finished up our unit on mass and liquid volume this week. One of my team members had her kiddos do an experiment and I did the same activity. Our students had to try to make salad dressing by deciding what ingredients and measurements to use. Let's just say that I love salad, but I didn't love their dressing! They definitely learned that measurement is an important life skill!!!
2. The "Soil Lady", as she calls herself, came to talk to our kids about soil conservation to go along with our Earth's Resources unit. It was a great presentation about soil conservation and conserving all of Earth's resources.
3. During my spring break I went back to my old school in NC and my old first grade team member and now literacy facilitator gave me some ideas! She uses old puzzles for kids to practice all types of skills. Here are a few examples that I am going to try to make! The first one requires them to match up synonyms and the second one is for suffixes and root words.
4. Yesterday I was busy running in the Color Me Rad Race! It was an awesome race! I also was out enjoying the amazingly beautiful day!
5. Not that I am counting or anything, but we only have 29 days of school until SUMMER VACATION!!!!! Not that I am counting! haha :)