I CAN’T believe it is already time. Teachers start school this Monday. We have a teacher workday on Monday, Meet the Teacher Night on Monday night, and meetings on Tuesday. Wednesday, the kiddos come! While I am excited for the new year to begin, I have REALLY enjoyed my summer. This was truly the FIRST summer that I was able to do what I wanted to do ALL the time!! It was amazing!!
This past week, I was signed up for a few days of training, but I also made time to do some things that I enjoy. I decided, though, that this week I would do my Five for Friday a LITTLE differently than normal. I am going to share five things that I will miss during the school year! Head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to see who else is linking up for Five for Friday!
1. Trips to the beach- This summer I made a trip down to Charlotte (where I used to live) and my friend and I went to the beach. I was hoping to make a second trip down this summer, but it didn't happen. I don't think I will be back at the beach until the spring.
2. Biking and running- I know that I will work hard to keep these up during the school year, but as the days get shorter it becomes harder and harder to always get out there and I end up usually just going to the gym. There is something about running or biking in the woods that is actually peaceful instead of just exercising.
3. Crafting! I don't know about you, but I am WAY, WAY more crafty during the summer, especially because I have so much more time. So one thing I need to try to do a little more of during the year is crafting. :)
4. Trips WHEREVER!! This summer I made a few trips down to Cincinnati, saw family, went to baseball games, etc. I went up to Cedar Point and Put-in-Bay. The point is that I was flexible to take some little trips and those were great!
5. Ahhh The Pool- This summer I spent a lot of time READING by the pool. I am going to have to keep reading by the pool until it closes, because I CAN'T keep staying up late reading. I will never survive the first few weeks staying up until 11 reading. I am planning on spending a few afternoons after school, hopefully, reading by the pool. This is definitely something I LOVE to do during the summer.
I had 11 weeks of summer vacation and they really did help me to relax and prepare to begin fresh for a new year! I am hoping to keep blogging as often as I had during the summer, but if during the next few weeks I am MIA, you know why!