1. Since Monday we had Meet the Teacher Night, I decided to start with some pictures of my classroom. If you follow my Facebook page, you have already had a sneak peak!
2. This is my first year ever starting the year with a critter in my room. One of our new teachers was able to get free caterpillars and eggs, so we are starting our nonfiction/life cycles integrated unit super soon.
3. How cute are these kiddos?! Loved having the first day of school frame!
4. When I was in school, we learned cursive in second grade. Our kiddos learn it in third grade. They are SUPER excited to get started and then after a while the interest fades! Do you have to teach cursive? Our ultimate goal is that they can sign their name, however, I still feel that teaching typing would be even a greater benefit with today's technology.
5. I had to close the blinds to because it was so sunny, but I LOVE our little banner. We did this last year for the first time. The kids complete, for homework, an all about me banner after the first day of school. I found this on TpT last year, so if it is yours, let me know and I will give you credit!! :)
Have you started school yet? If not, enjoy those last few days! Those that already started, I hope you are already having a great year!