Well, it has been a few weeks since I have blogged. School has been super busy. I am happy to say that we finally finished our first month of school! It feels sort of crazy and hard to believe, but it is true! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. Here are a few things from my crazy week!
1. This past weekend, I went up to Bowling Green for a football game. This is where I went to college. It was BEAUTIFUL weather and an awesome trip. I LOVE everything about BG!
2. I received my SLANT box about a week ago! Thanks Katie from Erb Rhymes with Verb! I loved my goodies from the Hometown themed Slant box! I FINALLY sent my goodies out, as well out to Jennifer from Kinderdrama! This was my first time participating in the fun and I really did enjoy it! I just wish things hadn't been so crazy with the first few week so school and I could have focused a little more on this project!
3. We use a program called Fundations by Wilson/Orton Gillingham. Each day we do a chant of the letter combinations and sounds. I have started letting a student lead us through this activity. On this particular day, one of my more quiet girls was our leader! It was great to see her in the role of a leader! Not sure where all my boys are in this picture!??!
4. This is my 10th year teaching and the first 8 years I used Lucy Calkins Writer's Workshop as my writing model. However, when I came to my new school I found they were really lacking in writing instruction. So, I was super excited to hear that we were implementing Writer's Workshop this year. So, we are starting it a little later than I would have typically, however, we are at least getting started. Today my kiddos decorated their Writer's Notebooks and you would have thought this was the BEST DAY EVER!!!! haha :)
5. Visualizing with the books A Bad Case of Stripes! We had a blast and I loved seeing their mental pictures as Camilla changes throughout the text!