It is time for another Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching. Summer seems to just be flying by. It's hard to believe that I have been on break for almost a month!
1. I started last weekend going downtown for the Columbus Arts Festival. It was huge and had work from many amazing artists. It was a beautiful night and perfect for being outside!
2. On Saturday, I decided to go checkout a dress sale in Cincinnati. I honestly just wanted to see what it was all about. I walked out with my wedding dress! So exciting!
3. My school has a program in the summer that comes to our building and provides free lunch for some of our kids Mondays- Thursdays. Our staff designed a program to go along with this program. We raise money throughout the year and then during the summer we take the kids on all kinds of different field trips. Teachers suggest students that would benefit from social activities throughout the summer.
Typically, I sign up for the zoo trip and some open gyms. This week, some teachers and I took a group of kiddos to a Metropark. The three boys in the second picture were either in my homeroom or my reading class this year. They were too cute! They talked my ear off the entire trip. They couldn't stop telling me how much they were reading and writing! They made my day!!
4. Running in "MY" park is one of my favorite summer activities. I love this park and it gives me such a sense of calm!
5. Last, I finally finished my first TpT product of the summer. Generally, in the summer is when I create a lot of my products, but I have been moving slow with my store this summer. I'm feeling like now that I have started hopefully I will keep moving!
This novel study came about because when we finished Sarah, Plain and Tall this year, my students felt like it just ended. They wanted to hear more. So, we read Skylark. This novel study is set up just like my Sarah, Plain and Tall novel study! Click on the picture to grab a copy!