Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

      Tammy over at 1...2...3 Teach With Me  is having a Christmas Linky Inspiration party.  I have to say that I saw her post this morning and I was not feeling Christmas spirit yet.  I wanted to link up but just wasn't sure if I anything to share!I mean it is only November 17th and the high today was almost 60!  I love Thanksgiving and am still in Turkey and fall mode.  (My kiddos are still doing fall/leaf centers the week after Thanksgiving break).  So, it has been hard to get "inspired" to or to begin thinking about the holiday season.
      However, today I ran my first 5K in about three years.  I used to run a lot of 5K's and even ran a half marathon.  Then I just slacked off.  This fall a group of amazing teachers at my school got together to do the Couch to 5K program.  I thought I would join their group, even though I was still running once or twice a week.  I knew that the accountability to a group would push me to do better and get back into better shape.  These women are inspiring, some of which never were runners, today finished their first 5K.  I am proud to say that I am a member of the Harrisburg Runner Girls! 
      We signed up to run in a 5K together...the Santa Scramble.  The race took place at the beginning of a Christmas parade in the small town that is near my school.  It was great!  The streets were lined with people cheering us on.  I  saw a fellow friend/teacher with her family and other students from my school, along with our assistant principal holding up a sign!    It was a great feeling to be a part of a group like the one we ran with!
This is our entire group before the race!

Some of our crew afterwards, standing on the road ready to
cheer our friends on to the finish line!

     So, I guess you can say I got my inspiration and am now ready for the Holiday season! Bring it on!  To get ready for it, I purchased some super cute clip art from the 3AM Teacher and already started on some fun math center activities.  They will be on my TpT store this coming week!
     Here are a few other things that I have pinned on Pinterest that are will get you in the holiday spirit and ready for winter:
Pinned Image 
This site (http://itswrittenonthewalls.blogspot.com/2011/10/166-neighbor-christmas-gift-ideas-its.html) above, is filled with awesome holiday gift ideas that are homemade! 
Pinned Image
I think this is too cute! 

    If you still have school next week, make sure to stop over at my TpT store to check out the Thanksgiving items that are on sale until tomorrow!  While you are there make sure to follow my store, so you will find out when the new items arrive! 

Michelle


2 comments:

Follow on Bloglovin