Last night I came back from spending Thanksgiving with family and friends and of course I checked my email and my blog. I was shocked to see that Hilary from Second Grade is Out of This World nominated me for a Leibster Award! Thank you Hilary! I was incredibly shocked and so excited that you found my blog. :)The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s to show that new bloggers are appreciated and help spread the word about our little pieces of cyberspace.
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
Here are 11 random things about myself...
1. I knew I wanted to teach since first grade. My first grade teacher was my my favorite teacher and inspiration. My first grade class was one of her first years teaching at the elementary school I attended and she still teachers there today.
2. I love making crafts and have become a HUGE Pinteret junkie. It is a terrible addiction. When I decorated/set up my classroom in August, I realized that it looked like Pinterest taken over!
3. I play on an adult rec soccer team and love it. I was an athlete growing up and it is something I really enjoy doing with my free time.
4. I am from Cincinnati, Ohio and just left there today. I made sure to pick up my favorite Cincinnati foods...Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce, Skyline Chili, and LaRosa's Spaghetti sauce. I can't live without Skyline or Montgomery Inn sauce.
5. I speak Spanish...well I used to. I double majored in it in college and lived in Spain for a summer studying abroad. I wish I practiced it more often.
6. I love to travel!
7. If I am reading a good book, I can read all day by a pool or a on a beach.
8. I like photography and if I had time I would love to take a class to learn more about it.
9. My favorite Christmas CD is Mariah Carey Christmas...it never gets old!
10. I just bought a new 31 bag for school and I absolutely LOVE it! I don't know what I did without it for 8 years.
11. Today I left my family in Cincinnati and it always makes me sad to leave. My dog is probably not going to make it to Christmas and it was extra sad to say goodbye to him. He has lived a good (CRAZY) life!
My family's dog Brinkely
Questions from Second Grade is Out of This World:
1. Besides blogging, what hobbies do you have? I have a lot of hobbies and they kind of come and go in spurts. Some of them are running, sewing (my mom taught me last year and bought me a sewing machine), crafts, and sports.
2. What is the best book you have ever read (grown-ups and kids)? This is a tough question and it probably has changed many times over the years. I don't think I can say one book is my absolute favorite. I can pick up a book and read for hours. I LOVE to read but I didn't always. I really started to love to read in fifth grade when I read The Diary of Anne Frank.
3. What is your favorite color(s)? My favorite colors are blue, green, and pink.
4. Walking or running? I prefer to go running, however, I enjoy walking with my Mom or close friends.
5. What is your favorite season and why? It is probably obvious by now that I am pretty indecisive! My favorite season is summer.I love the pool, the sun, the beach, and reading a good book outside. However, there is something about the beginning of fall, the air outside, the snow in winter, and the smells of fresh flowers in the spring that makes me enjoy each season more and more as I get older.
6. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging a couple of years ago. I had a student teacher and so did a fellow teacher at my school. We would see each other in the computer lab all the time. She has an amazing blog and she kept encouraging me to join the blogging world. Thanks Monica!
7. If you could meet one person (alive, dead or fictional) who would it be and why? After my Grandpa passed away, I often wished that I could have met more of my ancestors. I am fascinated by our geneology reports, etc. My father is adopted and I wish I knew his birth mother as well as his adoptive parents who had passed away before I was born.
8. What is your favorite scent? I love pumpkin/fall scents.
10. Dress-up or dress-down? After dressing up for work everyday, I love some good old yoga pants and a hoodie!
11. Apple or PC? I have a PC and an Ipad! If I could afford a Mac Computer that is what I would get. :)
Blogs I am Nominating:
1. Our Sweet Success
2. Carrberry Creations
3. Multiage Days
4. Watters' Wharf
5. Crazy Daze in First Grade
6. The Diary of a First Grade Teacher
7. All That Glitters in First Grade
8. Learning with Suzie Q
9. Mackey's Classroom
10. Gluesticks, Games, and Giggles
11. Joy in the Journey
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
2. What is the one thing in your classroom you can't live without?
3. What is your favorite food?
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
5. What was your first car?
6. What do you like to do in your free time?
7. When did you start blogging?
8. Have you always taught the grade you teach now?
9. Do you prefer books on electronics (ipads/nooks/kindles) or reading a real book?
10. Have you ever taught in another state or country than where you teach now?
11. Who do you most admire?
Don’t forget to leave me a link to your blog when you’ve answered! I can’t wait to read more about you and I hope you enjoyed learning a little something about me.