I am back with another Five for Friday! Here are five random things from this past week. Click on the picture to head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to link up!
1. Getting ahead! This week was my last week with "free" time due to my student teacher still teaching. This week she taught for about 1 1/2 hours a day, so that gave me some time to still get things done. My goal was to get as many things ready for the last month of school, as possible. I am feeling pretty good about being ready to go for our last 29 days!
2. My student teacher's official last day is Tuesday. She has done a great job. Today we presented her with a gift. I purchased the Thirty-One bag and some books and the students sent in all of the rest of the goodies! We also made a class book. I found two different templates on TpT that were for free and I combined them to make a book that would work best for my kiddos. The book is super cute! She was so surprised!
3. Plants! If you have never heard of the Banana Slug String Band, you need to check them out! They have the best songs for teaching about plants. This week my kiddos have been singing Six Plant Parts and they LOVE it!
4. Fractions, Fractions, Fractions! So, I started teaching math this week and I was thrilled that it lined up with me getting to start our fractions unit. I found a song/rap a few years ago that I changed and made it fit for my students. We have been "rapping" it every day this week! The best part is that I have twins in my math class this year. I taught their sister two years ago. The first day we learned the fraction rap, one of the twins went home and had her older sister sing the fraction rap for her! I was so excited to hear that her third grade sister still remembered the fraction rap!
5. Drills- Yesterday we had an unannounced fire drill during recess and today we had an announced evacuation drill during reading! My kiddos did a great job with both drills and I am proud of them.
I am exhausted and SO happy it is Friday! Happy Weekend!