Five for FridayI am back with another Five for Friday...Spring Break Edition! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching.
As you know, this week I spent time in Cincinnati with family. Now I am back in Charlotte. Here are five random things from my week:
1. My mom was dog sitting for some family friends. We took them for a few walks this week! Arent' they cute? They have a golden retriever and a black lab. (Two of my favorite types of dogs!)
2. I knew that I would have colder weather, being up north for my spring break, but REALLY? SNOW!? Yep! I was driving back and was totally shocked when what I thought was supposed to be rain on my drive home, ended up being snow and lots of it! I couldn't believe it!
3. I don't know about you, but I am ready for spring and one way I am getting ready for spring is by creating items to use with my students. This is my latest Cam Jansen Novel Study. It goes along with the book: Cam Jansen and the Green School Mystery. This book will be perfect to use in preparation for Earth Day! My students love Cam and her photographic memory!
4. Today is my last week day of spring break! I had planned on going to the beach today. I LOVE the beach, but it is not as warm or sunny as I was hoping it would be! I live about 2 1/2 hours away from Charleston, SC and I try to make it to the beach as often as I can, even if it is just for the day. These aren't pictures from Charleston. They are actually from last summer in Destin, Florida, but either way, I was dreaming of the beach today while I sat on my back patio!
5. Earlier in the week, my cousin contacted my mom telling her she was in Charlotte. I, however, was in Cincinnati. I did however, get in contact with my cousin and was able to meet her out for dinner tonight! I haven't seen her in almost three years. She is a nursing student in Omaha, Nebraska (wheremost of my mom's family lives and where my mom is from) and she is here in Charlotte for a student nurse's conference. It was nice seeing her and it was a nice way to finish out my spring break week!
Have a great weekend! If you are at the end of your spring break, enjoy these last few days!