Friday, June 5, 2015

Five for Friday- June 5th

     Summer is here and now that I am blogging again it is time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday.  Since I haven't joined in on the Five for Friday linky in a while, I am going to share some things from the past few weeks. 

1. This summer started with a quick trip to Cleveland.  We went to the West Side Market and picked up some sausages and pierogies to bring home, had lunch at Great Lakes Brewery, and finished up with watching the Reds and the Indians game.  




2. I have been spending a lot of time running and working out, so far this summer.  Last weekend I ran in a Quarter Marathon.  While my time was not fabulous, I was proud that I had done it.  I ran a half marathon about 5 or 6 years ago and haven't ran anything more than a 5k since.  I'm hoping to keep this momentum going!



3. These are my bags of school stuff that I brought home to work on throughout the summer.  It has been two weeks and I haven't even peeked inside these bags! Even though I look at them daily, I don't think I will touch them until at least July!

4. Earlier this week it was super cold and gloomy.  I spent a LOT of time reading inside.  One of my teammates told me to read this book with one of the kids I am tutoring.  So, I read the entire thing, all 300 pages, on Wednesday.  If you have not read this book, you should.  
      The One and Only Ivan is the tale of a calm gorilla named Ivan.  Ivan lives in the Exit 8 Big Top Mall and Video Arcade along with Stella, and elephant, and Bob, a stray dog.  When Ruby a baby elephant moves in, she is scared and saddened that she has lost her family.  Ivan makes an important promise that he wants to follow through with.
       It is a story in which you will fall in love with Ivan and the other characters.  


5. Earlier this week it was gloomy, but yesterday and today the sun has been shining!!  I was able to head to the pool yesterday and I am getting ready to head there now! 

Happy Summer! :)


2 comments:

  1. Have a fab summer - your pool looks gorgeous!! Hope it's sunny enough for you to spend a lot more time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm hoping for a lot of pool time this summer, too!

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin