1. On Monday I had a Professional Development class that I signed up for this summer. Our district has courses that are mostly online and only require one face-to-face meeting. The courses are informative and based on concepts or books that are current and popular in the educational community. This past year I was able to take a variety of courses. Some of them were on Number Talks, Notice and Note, Autism OCALI training, etc. I am currently taking a couple of courses this way. Monday I started a class for Making Thinking Visible. This is a great book and so far I am able to see how this will transform the parts of my day which need a change!
2. Not much more to say than that I have spent 3 or 4 afternoons this week running at this amazing park! I have almost 30 miles so far this month! Once I saw that, I decided that I would set a goal to run 70 miles in June! I think this goal will push me to have some longer runs a few days a week!
3. The SUMMER heat is here! People are already complaining, but not me! I have not forgotten that about 4 months ago it was still snowing and frigid outside! There are parts about each season that I truly enjoy and that is what I try to remember! So when it is 90 degrees outside, instead of complaining, I spend my afternoons by the pool. :)
4. I've spent a ton of time this summer watching Netflix. When I'm working on projects, folding laundry, etc. that is usually playing in the background. I never watched Parenthood while it was actually on T.V., but I recently started watching it on Netflix. I just finished the last season that is on Netflix and am SO eager to see the final season!!!!
5. I had the privilege of going to a district-wide PD recently. The keynote speaker was Jason Hillman, head of the Literacy Collaborative as Ohio State and a previous teacher and principal. He has had a lot of success turning around schools that were in need of a change. He was an amazing speaker with great ideas and motivation to change the culture for students and teachers, within our schools. He suggested reading the book, Transforming School Culture. I ordered a copy to be picked up at Barnes and Noble this week. When I arrived, it wasn't there!! They couldn't find it anywhere. So, I ended up buying a digital copy and am really looking forward to reading this book!