Well friends I am sitting on a plane, while I type this. I am coming home from my last trip of the summer. I've been so busy all week/weekend that I didn't get a chance to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching on Friday for Five for Friday, so I thought I would join the party today, even though I'm a bit late.
1. We started out our week by heading to the Columbus Crew soccer game against Toronto. It was a fun game and it was Educator Night. This meant we were able to get good tickets for a discounted price. :)
2. The next morning we went out for a 16 mile bike ride. It was a great way to get the week started. It was a beautiful day!
3. I went into my classroom for one afternoon this week. I came in, to this mess. I was able to get most of my bulletin boards up and ready. Most of the items that go on the walls, etc. are up and ready to go. Now just for setting up my library and getting things organized! Oh, and I threw in a picture of myself in the midst of my mess! They had the heat up to about 80 since most people weren't in the building yet. I was a sweaty disaster!
4. I did it! I finally bought my first Erin Condren Life Planner and it arrived this week. I absolutely LOVE it! I have been slowly filling things in and putting stickers throughout the pages. I think this is going to be a great way to stay organized!
5. Last, but not least, I've spent the last five days on the road. My dad was planning a road trip to see a friend, on which he was going to stop at all kinds of "weird" or "interesting" places. Since this past Wednesday, I've seen things you probably never knew existed and a few that you probably did! Here are just a few highlights. We saw the route 66 museum and drove a bit on route 66, saw the bridges of Madison County (in Iowa), went to the farm where the Field of Dreams was filmed, went on loads of dirt and gravel roads and more! (Not to mention some odd things like the largest frying pan, gnome, and bull). I ended up being dropped off in Omaha and staying with aunts and uncles for a few days before flying back to Ohio today.