Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Made It- August 3rd


      Today I am linking up with Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!  See what I have been up to!



     I finally finished up all of my Science and Social Studies Exit Slips for grades 3-5.  These are based on Ohio's Content Standards, but I am hoping to create some that are geared to Common Core, at some point.  I print and make copies of all of them. Each sheet has two of the same slip, as to save with copies and paper.  I cut them all in half before school starts.  Then I keep them filed until I teach that unit.  I pull them all out and use them as I see fit.  I used a ton of them last year.  They were a great way to quickly check for understanding. 
      If you are an Ohio teacher, go check them out while they are still on sale! Click on the pictures below to grab them. 













      I was busy, busy laminating today.  I purchased a great product of labels for a rolly cart.  I printed a bunch of them, laminated, and now to the cutting part! This laminator was the best $25 ever spent!


     I was busy, busy laminating today.  I read the book, Making Thinking Visible, this summer.  It is an excellent read.  I want to really look at my classroom this year as a place where thinking is valued over just getting the right answer.  I want students to engage in deep thinking, discussions, analysis, and more.  So, I am hoping to create a bulletin board, where we can show our thinking. 
     As I was cutting them out, I realized how much of the cute paper was being wasted.  So, I decided to cut little strips out of the scraps and I will have them in my classroom as extra little bookmarks for the kids!





5 comments:

  1. What a great use of the scraps! I feel like I throw away so much of that every year, and the banner is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner IS SUPER CUTE! I love it. I also love that you are using your scraps for bookmarks! What a fantastic idea!!! :) I would love to see the banner in your room to see how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banner IS SUPER CUTE! I love it. I also love that you are using your scraps for bookmarks! What a fantastic idea!!! :) I would love to see the banner in your room to see how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute banner! I may have to borrow your idea ;)

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so going to laugh at me. Our custodian asked us not to go up to school this weekend so she could work on the floors...I of course NEEDED to use our pod laminator. I waited until dark and drove up there to grab it, but it was locked in one of my podmates closets....SOOOOO I came home and BEGGED Miss Nelson to let me come to her house to use her brand new one that was still in the box...yep, I got first go on it. I couldn't stand it anymore...I went to Walmart yesterday and bought a new one. This makes 3 that my pod will own now. It's been getting a workout the past two nights. Love the scrap usage!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin