I am Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. I am a little behind. I was SO tired yesterday that I just couldn't get it together to link up after school!
Three of my five random things are about Read Across America Week. We had a BLAST celebrating the works of Dr. Seuss, but it was a LONG week!
Here are my five random things from this week:
1. Our Read-A-Thon was awesome! The students brought in blankets, pillows, and books by Dr. Seuss. We spent a little over an hour reading books by Dr. Seuss. The best part is that the students really spent the whole time reading! I walk around and give stickers to those who continue reading and this really keeps them going! We had a great time!
2. Green Eggs and Ham! On Tuesday we read Green Eggs and Ham and then ate them! I love watching their faces and seeing who realizes that it is simply food coloring! I always tell them that they were moldy eggs and ham. They never believe me!
3. One of our centers this week had the students read a book by Dr. Seuss, write down their information about who the character is, the setting, and the problem. Then the students used a great app called Storykit to take pictures of the character, setting, and problem within the text, record their voices, and insert text. They turned out super cute!
4. My dad turned 62 this week! Happy belated birthday to my dad! I hope he had a great day!
5. Last, this week I signed up for an amazing giveaway and am so excited to be a part of it! I know that I already blogged about it, but I shared the information with my grade level this week because I can't even believe how many amazing bloggers are giving items away! Click on this picture to get more information on how you can enter to win over $100 worth of items!