1. This past week I took a road trip with my Mom. We headed to Bettendorf, Iowa and stayed with my aunt and cousin. The next day we drove out to Omaha. My mom is from Omaha and we drove there a lot growing up. I can't remember the last time I drove out there, though. The last time I was there was for my Grandpa's funeral, which was 5 years ago. I flew out from Charlotte, NC. The year before that I flew for my Grandpa's birthday. So we had a little road trip, which was my first out there in probably close to 10 years! This was part of one of the windmill farms we drove past on the way to Omaha.
2. We went out to Omaha for my cousin's wedding. She was the first of my cousins to get married. It was really pretty. Here is a picture of me and some of the girl cousins. There is also a picture of my mom (in the black dress) and her seven siblings. I didn't think about it until later, but I didn't take a picture with my mom or my boyfriend, who came out to Omaha for the first time. We were lucky to have BEAUTIFUL weather. My uncle has a pool and it was wonderful to sit and relax with good company. The last picture is one that my "little" cousin sent me. The top picture is of the two of us before my Grandpa's 80th birthday celebration and the bottom was at the wedding.
3. When I was in college, I swam laps at the pool during the summer, for exercise. This spring I started swimming laps in the indoor pool at my gym. I have really come to love swimming my laps in our outdoor pool lately.
4. Partially through the month of June, I set a goal for myself. I was hoping to run at least 70 miles. Well, technically I covered over 70 miles, but there was some walking included as well. Either way, I was proud of my work and am looking forward to beating 70 miles in the month of July!
5. I have been working on reading and analyzing Making Thinking Visible. Reading this has given me some great ideas for my classroom this fall. If you have not read the book, I strongly encourage you to read it before starting off another school year. If you are curious about the book, go check out the website that I found today. Here you can actually find the routines, their purpose, and how to carry them out.
What have you been up to this week?