Thursday, July 23, 2015

Throwback Thursday

         Since school is just around the corner, I am linking up with Throwback Thursday for Freebielicious, to share about my classroom set up from last year.  I haven't been able to get back in my classroom yet, but for those of you already setting up, maybe this will give you a few ideas!



Saturday, August 16, 2014

Five for Saturday...Room Reveal, Back to School and more!

1. Since Monday we had Meet the Teacher Night, I decided to start with some pictures of my classroom.  If you follow my Facebook page, you have already had a sneak peak!







2. This is my first year ever starting the year with a critter in my room.  One of our new teachers was able to get free caterpillars and eggs, so we are starting our nonfiction/life cycles integrated unit super soon.


3. How cute are these kiddos?!  Loved having the first day of school frame!



4. When I was in school, we learned cursive in second grade.  Our kiddos learn it in third grade.  They are SUPER excited to get started and then after a while the interest fades!  Do you have to teach cursive?  Our ultimate goal is that they can sign their name, however, I still feel that teaching typing would be even a greater benefit with today's technology.

5. I had to close the blinds to because it was so sunny, but I LOVE our little banner.  We did this last year for the first time.  The kids complete, for homework, an all about me banner after the first day of school.  I found this on TpT last year, so if it is yours, let me know and I will give you credit!! :)





Have you started school yet?  If not, enjoy those last few days!  Those that already started, I hope you are already having a great year!






2 comments:

  1. I'm teaching third this fall, and I'll be dusting off my cursive alphabet which I haven't needed for the last 8 years of K, 1, and 2. Teaching handwriting is actually not even in our curriculum here any more, but I think it's a must-do. But you're right; keyboarding is now way more crucial.
    Always Primary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Debbie! Good luck this year in third! I'd love to hear your ideas throughout the year.

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin