Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Made It July 6th!

      Monday mornings can be tough to get going during the school year, but during the summer, Mondays are time for Monday Made It.  Check out what I have been creating lately!




   Summer is the perfect time for ice cream, but we are trying to eat healthy and lose a few pounds this summer.  We have TONS of blueberries in our freezer, so I looked up ways to make blueberry frozen yogurt, without an ice cream maker.  It was super easy to make and delicious.  Click HERE to grab the recipe that I used.  






      This past spring, my mom asked me if I had anything I could use a little dish drainer for.  I instantly said yes, without knowing what I would do with it.  I have seen so many Pintrest projects with them.  It was white and old looking.  I spray painted it to match a color in my classroom.  I then just attached the ribbon and now I have a charging station for my Kindles!  Last year, I used buckets.  They were really cute.  Plus they were great, because the kiddos could take the whole bucket to their seat, but they NEVER ended up charging them and then they were always dead.  This way, I will set this right next to my power strip and they can instantly plug them in when returning them each day.  




       Lastly, my team does a LOT of team planning.  Before school starts we create a scope and sequence that maps out our entire curriculum for the entire year.  We then use Unit by Design to create integrated units that we teach throughout the year.  After creating our UbD template, we take a calendar and break it down even further.  We don't do this so that we all are teaching the exact same thing each day, but instead so that we can share books and materials in an organized way.  So, most times, we would end up searching for free calendars, while we were planning.  I decided to go ahead and create a calendar for the entire year, as well as some planning pages that we could use as a team and I could use as a teacher/blogger/TpT seller.  It goes from August-July.  You can click on the picture below and grab a copy!  




Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Your charging stations is cute and functional! I have a cuisinart ice cream maker so we make ice cream quite often during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am jealous, but I think an ice cream maker would be dangerous for me!

      Delete
  2. Yummy. The icecream looks good! I really like your calendar as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the charging station! What do you specifically use your Kindles for? I have a Donor's choose in for 5 iPads and it probably won't get funded. I could maybe purchase some Kindles. Apps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to get Kindles on Donor's Choose. They are just the basic Kindles, without apps or internet. I have purchased books from Amazon and the students can use these for their independent reading. The kids really like using them. I would LOVE to have iPads, but just didn't know if it was possible. I hope your project gets funded!! That would be super exciting. :)

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin