Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Currently

       I am NOT ready for it to be July!  At least it is time for the July edition of Currently. I am linking up with Farley, from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade.  Hop on over there to read what everyone is currently doing this summer.  

Listening:  I just finished watching a cute/cheesy little love story on Netflix.  In the past few months, one could say that I have more than gotten my money's worth of Netflix. 
Loving:  I am loving summer.  There's really nothing more to say.  I have seen the pictures floating around about teachers being solar powered.  I am pretty sure that goes for me.  
Thinking:  I am taking a PD class, Making Thinking Visible, for college credit this summer.  I just got back from a second little trip and over these past few trips I have been neglecting reading the book for my class.  SO, last night I ended up reading two chapters and having to complete a bunch of work for my class.  I think I might start getting ahead and reading the next few chapters today.  
Wanting:  Please, SLOW DOWN!  Summer is flying by and I have a lot still on my to do list, plus I just really love relaxing.  I really have to find a way to relax like this during the school year.  
Needing:  I just got back from being out of town for my cousin's wedding.  I did well running and eating healthy the first few days I was out of town.  Then the wedding happened and the next few days I didn't eat so healthy!  Ha! Earlier this summer I was doing a great job eating healthy and working out, so I need to get back into that routine.
ALL Star:  Creativity- I love being crafty and when I take my time or am in the right mood, my work tends to be better.  Reader- Hmmm....This summer I have been reading a lot and I think I do a pretty good job staying up late, reading by the pool, reading on the plane. Haha!  :)  Making and Checking off Lists- I am a professional list maker.  I have large lists for things to do, TpT, etc.  I have daily lists that I check off throughout the day.  If I do NOT have a list, I won't get much done.  The best part is crossing things off those lists!



9 comments:

  1. I love the way you blog looks. Vacations always go way too fast.
    Paula’s Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read MTV as well! Not for a class. Just my own practice/learning. I wish I was a good list maker. Or, I guess I can make them. But then I misplace them or don't get to what is on them. I should work on making smaller lists that would help me finish the bigger things Also NO KIDDING! 4th of July is like the downhill slide. Yay for our country's independence but :( for summer going by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MTV is a great book. I am almost finished with it now. I have found some routines that will really help my students to think deeply about concepts in class.

      Delete
  3. The book sound interesting - I'll put that on my must read list! Solar powered?! Yes, that's about right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth reading! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your summer!

      Delete
  4. I am a HUGE list maker too! Like you, I don't feel like much gets done unless I have a list and without one I seem to get a little distracted. HaHa I hope summer slows down for you and that you are taking time to relax and enjoy.

    Kelly
    Lattes and Lunchrooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a little distracted, too!! haha If it weren't for the lists, the summer days would slip by and I don't think I would accomplish anything! :)

      Delete
  5. My teammates make fun of me at school for my checklists. But then whenever they forget something or talk about needing to get on top of things, I always tell them they should have a checklist!
    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's great! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin