Saturday, December 1, 2012

Freebie Linky Party


      Freebielicious is having a Freebie Linky Party!  Wow!  What a great idea and I am so excited to be able to participate!  The rule is that it has to be something that will be a forever freebie, which means that it will always remain a freebie.  I started thinking about what I would like to share.  I've been creating some items lately, but they are all seasonal items.  Since this would be something that would be a freebie forever, I wanted something that other teachers could use now or later, whenever they need it! 
     So...here is my freebie!  This freebie is a set of journal entries for teaching addition/subtraction with a part-part-whole diagram.  My students are advanced first graders in the area of math.  They know their math facts with fluency and consistency, however, they have trouble applying a variety of strategies.  My students are the ones who are used to saying "I knew it in my head".  With the Common Core we are really pushing the students to be able to verbalize or state in writing how they solved the problem and what strategy they chose to use.  My students are able to solve the problem and give the correct answer, however, they are still having trouble remembering how to use a part-part-whole box.  Therefore, I have created some additional journal entries to help with building consistency in using this strategy. 
Click on the pictures below to download the file:


     Don't forget to stop over to my TpT site too, and grab another freebie.  It is my Amelia Bedelia freebie that will only be there for a limited time!  It is a reading response pack that goes along with the story Amelia Bedelia Talks Turkey!  The kids loved this book.  We finished it on Friday and they truly enjoyed reading all about Amelia Bedelia!

      I hope you can use these with your kiddos!  If you download my freebies I would LOVE for you to follow my TpT site and/or my blog!  Then make sure to stop back and let me know what you think!
Happy Freebie on the First! 
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin