Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 17th Means....

February 17th means…March 17th is around the corner!

     Yay!  I love teaching about St. Patrick's Day and all the fun centers and reading activities that we do at that time of year!  Today is February 17th, which means that St. Patrick's Day is exactly ONE month away.  On a weird side note, I realized all of this today, while at the gym.  I was looking at my calendar on my phone, when I realized that I signed up for bicycle number 17 in my cycle class, today was the 17th of the month and that exactly one month from today would be St. Patrick's Day (March 17th)!  
     I am working on some fun St. Patrick's Day math stations that are Common Core aligned.  When they are ready, I will post them here!  Until then, take a look at my next novel study that I will be doing with some of my more advanced readers.  This is a cute mystery from the Calendar Mysteries series from the same author and similar to the A to Z Mysteries.  This packet includes questions and answers for each chapter and a double-entry journal for students to record their thinking while reading.  Click on the picture below or HERE to get ready to solve the mystery of the missing leprechauns!

I hope you enjoy your President's Day, especially if you have the day off! We are having a snow day make-up day.  So I will be at school with my kiddos. 
- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin