I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five for Friday Linky Party! This is my first time linking up and I am excited to join in on the fun! Don't forget to stop over and link up.
Here are my 5 random things from this week:
1. This was a LONG week! Valentine's Day was CRAZY in my room. The kiddos were bouncing off the walls even before they had any sugar! How about your students? I am ready for the weekend! We were supposed to have a teacher workday on Monday but due to a snow day, we are making up our teacher workday on President's Day.
2. My students made some super cute Valentine's Crafts for their parents. I found it over at The Inspired Apple, last year. Here is my example that I use for the students to follow when they make their own posters.
3. We read about one of my favorite characters yesterday, Amelia Bedelia! I let the kids guess what we were going to read and I told them it was one of my favorite characters. Once I said it wasn't SkippyJon Jones, they knew it must be Amelia Bedelia! Click on her name and grab a copy! I created a packet to go along with this book that I hope to use next year, but this year I already had my week planned out before the packet was created.
4. My student teacher started teaching science this week! It is great working with her and I am really excited to see her continue to grow! She just joined our classroom a few weeks ago because of some changes in my school.
5. Not school related- I had a nice Valentine's Day. It was very low key, but what I needed after a busy day at school! I received pretty flowers from my boyfriend and a sweet card from my Mom! :)
I hope you had a great week and a nice Valentine's Day.