Five for Friday
My first FULL week of summer vacation is off to a great start! I am linking up here with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five for Friday Linky. Here are things from my week!
1. I started my week at Lake Norman State Park on Sunday. It is about 40 minutes north of Charlotte and has great hiking and biking trails and it has a little beach. It was a beautiful day. I am ready to head back there again soon!
2. This week was my first week working. I have nannied for a family for about 6 years. I only work about 2-3 days a week and it is a great summer job. Today we went to see Monsters University. It was a great movie! It was super cute with a great message.
SPOILER ALERT... for those of you with little kids, who may actually see this movie, you may NOT want to read this! The overall message was that each monster has his/her own special qualities and it isn't about following a mold or being just like the other scarers, it is about being yourself. It was great. Afterwards the littlest "monster" I take care of had her picture with the life-sized monsters!
3. Giveaways! I am helping out with a couple of giveaways. Head on over to Literacy Sparks and Magic, Mistakes, and Mayhem to enter into their giveaways. Congrats to both of them for reaching 200 followers!
4. Likewise, I am SO excited to say that in December I had made a goal of having 100 followers by the end of this year. I was SUPER excited to see today that I had reached 151 followers as of today. Woo Hoo!!! I am amazed. Thank you to all of my followers!
5. I think the the BEACH is calling! I may need to make a short visit this weekend! The best part of living only a few hours away from the beach is that I can drive down for the day and come back that evening. :)