Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The End is NEAR!! Gift Ideas and More!



End of Year Gift Ideas!

     For SO many of my blogging friends, the school year has come to an end or is almost at an end. My school still has 3 days left after today.  We finish on June 7 for the kiddos and teachers work until the 12th.  I know that a lot of you have wrapped up your year, but for those that haven't and for those coming up with your ideas for next year, I have two end of year ideas I want to share with you.  One is something I have done for a few years now and one is brand new!  
     For the past four or five years, I have made books for my students at the end of each year.  This book is a sampling of the student's writing and his/her illustrations. I start collecting samples for this book on the first day of school, where my students write their names, draw self-portraits, and write about what they did over the summer.  This is a great first day morning work activity and it also gives me an immediate assessment as to each student's writing abilities.  Then throughout the year, I collect items that we type during centers or at the computer lab, as well as published writing pieces, and even poetry.  I love seeing the looks on their faces when they see the books.  Most students do NOT believe that the first day writing sample actually belongs to them. Here are a few pictures of this year's books. (Sorry, the pictures didn't turn out too well.) 




     The second end of year idea I wanted to share, is something I purchased during the Teacher Appreciation Sales.  I purchased was called Candy Awards by Hope King.  Here are a few pics of my awards and candy/poems.  Each award comes with a super cute matching poem and corresponding candy.  I can't wait to share these with my students!





     Everyone that knows what a sweet tooth I have, knows how hard it has been having all of this candy in my office!  

      What special things do you do for your students at the end of the year?  I always love to hear new, fun ideas!

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin