Monday Made It and Bloglovin!
Hey friends! This is going to be short and sweet because today I was in a professional development workshop all day working on curriculum development for first grade math! My head is spinning a bit!
I did, however, want to share something for Fourth Grade Frolics: Monday Made It! I have never linked up before and thought it looked like fun.
This weekend I just happened to stop into a local thrift store, I am always looking for a project for my classroom, and I found a file cabinet! It was painted green and looked sort of retro! It originally cost $5.15 and all furniture was half off! How could I pass this up?! Here is what I did:
- Gave it a quick sanding, just enough to rough it up slightly.
- Spray painted two coats.
- Took the drawers completely out.
- Took the handles off.
- Used spray adhesive to adhere the fabric to the drawers and around the edges of the drawers.
- I then put the handles back on!
- I used an outdoor fabric and cut pieces of the chevron out and put them around the top and sides as a border. I used the spray adhesive for this, too!
Also, I wanted to say a special thank you for EVERYONE who posted about Google Reader and Bloglovin. I have to tell you I had no idea that I was even using Google Reader! I have officially signed up for Bloglovin. I was SO excited that I was on my way to 200 followers! OH, well.
I have the option to now follow me on Bloglovin over on the side of my blog. Please make sure to click on the link to follow me through Bloglovin! I was a little bummed to hear that my follower numbers will change! I was SO excited that I was on my way to 200 followers! OH, well.
Have a great week!