It is time for Five forFriday again with Doodle Bugs Teaching! This week has gone by SO fast! I feel like this summer is just flying by. Here is what I was up to this week:
1. Remember that giant to do list I had? Well I have been adding things to it that I want to work on instead of getting some things done that I NEED for this fall. So, this week I buckled down and got busy on some much needed projects for this fall.
This first one is a homophone set. My school uses Fundations by Orton Gillingham. Last year was the first year of using the program. I really liked it, but felt that I didn't have as many supplementary materials created as I would have liked. I just finished typing up all of the homophones that are studied in the level 3 program. You can grab a copy by clicking on the picture below.
2. I printed these word cards off and plan to laminate them today. Do you have Lakeshore Learning in your city? I have an awesome coupon from them to laminate up to 15 linear feet for free! I will be heading there this afternoon with some goodies that I have been saving to laminate. I plan to create a bulletin board with these fabrics and using the ribbon to hold them on it!
3. I have also been working on my new library system. When I taught first grade, my students only had two books checked out at a time, so it was pretty easy to keep track of books in the classroom. But, in third grade we allow the kids to have 5 books in their book boxes at a time. I had a hard time keeping my library as organized as I would like. SO, I am using a library card system this year. Click HERE to see where I got my inspiration and freebie to help create my library pockets!
4. Our school has a summer program where we take students who may need more social experiences or who don't have the same opportunities as their peers, on field trips. Yesterday, I helped chaperon a trip to the Columbus Zoo! It was a fun time, but SUPER HOT!
5. Continuing to try and run and bike a lot this summer! Hopefully, I can keep this up during the school year! Here is what I saw on one of my adventures this week! This pretty park is right in the middle of the city! So nice! :)