I am linking up again with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! This was definitely a random week, so here goes!
1. First things first, today marks the 1 month count down until school starts for teachers. AHHHH!!! Teachers have two workdays, but our Meet the Teacher night is on the night of the first workday, so we have to have our rooms ready to go before the 11th. I am super excited for this school year, but I am LOVING my summer! I've had one of the most relaxing summers since I started teaching. Mostly because I didn't "work". Not to say that I don't work on projects for my classroom, TpT, or my blog each day. I am SO thankful to have had this summer to relax, work on things that I chose to do each day, and just refresh before the new school year!
2. Since school is just around the corner, I have started doing a little back to school shopping. I like to watch the sales and grab the items that are a dollar or less, when I can! This week I went to Target, Office Max, and Staples.
3. Are you taking any professional development courses? Our district will pay for us to take two courses a year. I didn't realize this until summer was starting, so I thought I would sign up for a class. I am taking an online Autism module which is very informative and super simple to read through at my own leisure. However, I sort of forgot about it for a few weeks and I need to get moving on it!!
4. You've heard me say all summer that I have been really trying to exercise and eat right all summer long. This park is right by my house and I have been running there each day. It is really a beautiful place to run. My goal is to keep running there once the school year starts! Keep your fingers crossed that I keep it up!!
5. So, I remember reading Sarah, Plain and Tall as a fourth grader and now that I am a third grade teacher and have a Pioneer Unit (Early Settlers), I thought I would create something to go along with this book! One of my teammates read it aloud to her class last year and I plan to read it aloud this year or use it in a reading group if I have kiddos reading that level, at the time of the unit. I was hoping to have it ready for you today, but you may have to wait until Monday for it to be ready! I really enjoyed reading it again, too!
Have a GREAT weekend!