Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Made It- July 14th


     I CAN’T believe it is July 14th already! The summer keeps flying by.  I am linking up with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!
    

     My first project this week was finishing up my newest book study.  I plan on using this book as a read aloud, unless my kiddos are on this reading level to be used for a guided reading book.  I loved reading this book in fourth grade and I know that it will provide for a lot of discussions about life at the time period in the book.  Our school district celebrates Pioneer Day for part of our communities standards, looking at comparing and contrasting life today and a long time ago.
     Click on the picture below to grab a copy!



    Now, I am not really a baker, besides the basics like cookies and muffins, etc.  We went blueberry picking this weekend and we have a TON of blueberries so I decided to look up recipes   I found a recipe for a lemon-blueberry cake!  It has a homemade cream cheese frosting on it.  I didn't realize when I found the recipe it was four a double or triple layer cake, but it all worked out! The icing was a little runny and not staying in place so well, but  that's ok! It is delicious!  


     I have seen so many cute ideas for book marks recently on Pinterest.  I ended up finding this great one on TpT and it was a freebie!  It was super easy to input names, print and back.  I plan on laminating them and putting ribbons through the top to stick up out of their books! If you click on the picture below, you will find the same freebie that I used from TpT!  I love how they turned out!



9 comments:

  1. Love those bookmarks...I downloaded. Thanks
    Sarah

    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name bookmaks if only I had my class list. They keep it a secret until we report back!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old school used to keep them secret, too! My new school gives them to teachers on the last day. They tell us they may change, but I figured I would rather remake a few items and have most already done! Parents don't know yet, but they find out a week or so before we start back.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh that cake looks amazing! Nice work!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake does look delicious! I want a piece! Enjoy! Cute bookmarks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those bookmarks - and that cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The kids are LOVING their bookmarks. I think next year I will make more than one for each student. The cake was fabulous. I might need to make it again before summer!

      Delete
  6. How did you get the colors on the bookmarks to stay alternating when you edited?

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin